Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

Guess there is no better day to start this column other than a foreign holiday celebrated throughout the US...however Spanish is the second language amongst the natives.  On the other hand I hear at least 3 different foreign languages around our house daily.  As well as most of you know and those who may not..."i married a greek."  Yes greek, not geek even though some days he can be.  I still love him to death.

Today's adventure was looking for a second affordable vehicle.   Why has the process of living life in a simple (lower/middle class, hard working, do what it takes, keep a great attitude along with a positive outlook, everyday routine) environment, turned into life in prison or better yet shackles?  What goes up comes down, what goes around comes back to you.....shouldn't it be easy?  Especially for the positive people who harm no one and live basically?  That's what we were led to believe...that is how many of us were raised.  All in all I think we need to all be blessed and get back to the basics.  Leading to NO CAR PAYMENT.  Buying within our means and our individual lifestyle would take the ball from the corporate or governments playground and stick it back into the school yards.  Keep looking for that car you can buy out right...low tax, reliable, affordable perfect ride.  They are out there.

Marrying a person from somewhere other than America reminds you of the freedoms we believe we have...are sometimes surprised to see they have changed.....yet need not take them for granted.  I love my Greek husband and will always be happy that "i married a greek."

Till we meet again....Happy 5 May day!

1 comments:

♥ N o v a said...

I can't wait to read your whole story of how you met and married your Greek. I'm going to Greece next month (but no, I have no intentions of landing a husband! haha).

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
i married a greek
i traveled to greece for a 6 week unplanned trip in july 2005. a backpack full of mix n match white cotton clothing and a few toiletries was my home. i stayed for 5 months. the rest will follow.
View my complete profile

Followers