Thursday, May 13, 2010

july 2005 ~ summer travel to greece

wonderful lady friends of mine in Los Angeles asked me what i wanted for my birthday, year 2005.  nothing i wanted or needed at the time seemed to be the only thing i could come up with....besides a trip to Greece to learn more about my heritage and the Greek traditions i grew up with.  as luck would have it Leona and Bonnie put together some of their frequent flyer miles and purchased me a 6 week airline ticket to none other than Athens Greece.  no plans, no travel buddies, no stress...me, a backpack of mix n match "all white" cotton clothing and a few toiletries would be my home for the months of July, August and September.

I hopped on a plane in Los Angeles, California....said a prayer of safety and asked god..."dear god, i am going on an adventure to learn about my family.  i am not looking for love and definitely am over the relationship thing,.....if he is out there then let him find me."  This is when we have to realize that is is true...you have to be careful what you wish for.  the energy of words we travel through the universe sometimes here our thoughts and send them back returned as they feel fit.  not necessarily the way we project....be careful to choose your words wisely, even when you are talking to yourself...and i know all of you out there do it too.

more to come on the touchdown first part of the journey...in Athens Greece....then to where my life ended up today....since "i married a greek".

1 comments:

Annika said...

Whoohoo! Let the story begin!!!
I have been EXTREMELY home sick for Greece these past few days, been listening to the Greek radio online and just dreaming away!
Andre and I are nearly hoping for Greece to lose their economy since starting a business as a foreigner and buying a house there would be so much easier!
Aaaah, one can dream!

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
i married a greek
i traveled to greece for a 6 week unplanned trip in july 2005. a backpack full of mix n match white cotton clothing and a few toiletries was my home. i stayed for 5 months. the rest will follow.
View my complete profile

Followers